Please ensure you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions before you make a booking. By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted them. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Pets Great and Small
SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING –
First 7 Days, Personal Training and Initial Consultations
• Family members are always welcome to attend training, but we recommend that only one person trains your dog at a time so as not to confuse. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
• You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training.
- You should arrive on time for training and with the correct equipment. If unsure what equipment you need please ask your trainer.
- If a trainer is coming to your home for training, please ensure that there is a space available to train either in the house or garden.
- Training has a prescriptive format which is progressive. Whilst the trainer will spend time with you and your dog to ensure that you can complete the exercises, they will not add new exercises to the course. They may however, modify course content to ensure success based on ability of dog and handler/caregiver.
- If bespoke content is required, this should be discussed prior to booking and may incur an extra charge to format a bespoke course.
- Training should be fun and informative. All questions should be raised during the sessions and the trainer has the right to defer an answer to another lesson or come back to you during the week via phone or email.
- Training is always 1 trainer to 1 dog. If multiple dogs are to be trained, multiple sessions must be booked.
- All sessions need to be scheduled at the time of booking and must be completed within 3 months of the booking date. If they are not scheduled within 3 months they will become null and void.
Train for You
- Upon booking the trainer will contact you to schedule your sessions. Every effort will be made to ensure that you have 4 weekday bookings and one weekend booking on a consistent basis, however, due to levels of commitment this may not be possible and the trainer will use their discretion to get you scheduled for appropriate times during busy periods.
- The trainer will be responsible for the behaviour of the dog when in their care.
- The time for training starts upon arrival at your home and finishes when the dog is dropped off. There may be times when due to travel the trainer may be out for longer than an hour. This will be counteracted by other occasions where the dog does not require a full hour of training so no further recompense will be sought.
- The trainer will let you know how the dog is progressing via WhatsApp or text message on a regular basis if they do not see you from day to day. The catch up session once a week is there for face to face catch ups but can be conducted over phonemail, FaceTime or zoom.
- Changing times of sessions will require at least 24 hours notice.
- Sometimes a puppy may experience fear stage during training. The trainer will change the programme to ensure that the dog is safe and that they do not get put in a situation that will be too overwhelming or induce a fear reaction. The trainer will always want to increase confidence as a successful outcome.
- The trainer has the right to modify the programme and any behaviours at any time during the course. If they change the content of the programme they will notify the dogs caregivers to ensure that they understand why the trainer is changing content
- Socialisation is part of the 6 week Train for you course. The trainer has the right to decide whether the dog is ready to be introduced to aspects of socialisation and will not put a dog in a position where they feel overwhelmed or have a fear response. The trainer will do everything possible to ensure that the dog receives a positive outcome.
- If a dog does have a fear response to an aspect of training the trainer will update the caregiver at the end of the session via face to face, phone call or text message, WhatsApp. The trainer will then decide whether to postpone training for up to 3 days in order to ensure the dog has time to lower their cortisol levels.
- The 2 free sessions in the 6 week Train for you must be used within 12 months of the original booking.
SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING – GENERAL
• Follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don’t use equipment when your trainer is not present unless you have been shown how to use it
• Equipment is designed for dog use NOT human use so please do not use as a human obstacle / hurdling course.
• It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training and is not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
• Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. Depending on the training a decision will be made whether to continue or postpone the training until the season is finished.
• We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will not be tolerated. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong, e-collars or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendable leads, particularly in classes. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know.
• Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer. In the unlikely event of an altercation between two dogs, stand back and allow the trainer to address it.
• Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
• Feel free to ask questions. More importantly, have fun and enjoy!!
BOOKINGS, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
• Payment of fees will be made at the time of placing a booking by Paypal or Card.
• If an Invoice is issued it will need to be paid within 5 days of the date of issue. If it is unpaid the trainer will have the right to cancel any further training until it is paid in full.
- Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you may cancel your purchase within a period of 7 working days beginning on the day after we send your booking confirmation. However, there is no right to cancel after the course has started.
- Training can be postponed due to ill health of human or dog – Every effort should be made to provide 24 hours notice. If 24 hours notice is not received the trainer will use their discretion whether to allow the postponement or to disallow it.
- You may postpone training due to Covid-19 positive PCR test results of any family member.
CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
• Classes with Rolling Starts – once your booking is received your invoice will confirm with you your exact start date and which weeks you will be attending which will then be fixed and any changes or transfers are at the discretion of Pets Great and Small. We would prefer, but it is not essential, that you book in for 5 consecutive weeks. However, if you know you need to miss a week because you are away, for example, on holiday, make allowance for that in the weeks that you choose. Once these weeks are set, they can only be changed at the discretion of Pets Great and Small.
• Classes with dedicated starts will have a fixed start and end date, if you miss a class you are not entitled to another session at another time. Pets Great and Small may send you notes to cover the sessions you have missed but this is at their discretion.
- Repeatedly missing sessions is not ideal for you or your dog.
• Cancellations must be made in writing by post or email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- Cancellation of a booking must be at least 7 days in advance of the start of your class or the workshop date, otherwise your booking will be forfeit and you may be charged the full fee.
- Cancellations within 8 to 28 days of the start date payment will be refunded minus a £10 administration charge.
- Cancellations over 28 days before the start date payment will be refunded.
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
• A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or workshop at no additional cost.
• Requests to transfer to an alternative class, workshop or date must be made in writing by post or email. Transfers may be made up to 7 days before the start date and will incur no additional fee. However, transfers are subject to availability and Pets Great and Small is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
PETS GREAT AND SMALL COMMITMENT
• Pets Great and Small aim to work with you and your dog using Kind, effective methods for both of you. Our aim is to build on your relationship with you dog to create the best team.
• Pets Great and Small reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session.
• If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather, we will let everyone know who has booked in by text as soon as we can at least an hour before the start of your class, or phone call if a 1 to 1. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date.
• Pets Great and Small will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
• Course materials, where relevant, are usually supplied after your course has completed. Follow up emails and course materials are supplied for your personal use and must not be copied or forwarded without permission.
DATA PROTECTION & SOCIAL MEDIA
• The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- We send out an occasional email newsletter which we would encourage you to opt in to receiving to find out about future training.
- Images and videos of you and your dog training will be used on Social Media or on Pets Great and Small Website. If you do not wish for your images to be used please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under GDPR by booking you are providing your consent for Pets Great and Small to contact you with any marketing material via the booking email.